Gildredge House currently offers hot school lunches provided by Pabulum. Information on Universal Infant Free School Meals (Reception – Year 2) and Free School Meals can be found here.
Pabulum are delighted to provide the catering services at Gildredge House. Pabulum’s vision is to be at the forefront of improving the next generation’s health and well-being, by shaping the food culture in education that inspires a passion and love of fresh food – without compromise.
Pabulum were awarded ‘Education Caterer of the Year’ at the Foodservice Cateys. This is regarded as the ‘Oscars’ of the catering industry. Pabulum feels strongly about educating the younger generation on healthy eating by providing fresh and wholesome food, as it is through a balanced diet and healthy food choices that students can maintain higher classroom concentration levels. 94% of the food is freshly prepared in Gildredge House’s kitchen and 75% of the food is British and locally sourced. At Gildredge House, we have a dedicated Pabulum team led by an experienced Executive Chef Manager.
Catering: Reception – Year 6
Available every day at lunchtime and made fresh in our kitchen, Pabulum offer:
- A choice of meat/fish or vegetarian main meal
- Unlimited salad bar with eight delicious choices
- Jacket potato with a variety of fillings
- Two choices of unlimited freshly baked wholemeal bread
- Homemade dessert
- Fresh mixed fruit platter
- Homemade yoghurt or mousse
Our Pabulum dining experience gives every child time to enjoy our fresh food offer, whilst encouraging children to try delicious new dishes and rewarding them with a Healthy Bunch sticker or certificate.
Catering: Years 7-13
The Pabulum breakfast offer includes a range of hot and cold choices, with free porridge for everyone – a great start to the day!
At morning break, students can expect to see a range of wraps, filled baguettes and bloomer bread sandwiches accompanied by fresh fruit and homemade yoghurt.
There is always a wide variety of options for lunch service including a variety of freshly prepared main meals and tasty vegetarian alternatives, with a range of hot and chilled grab and go products, and our extensive street food offer. We offer several combinations of our ‘meal deals’ for a set price of £2.40.
The current menus can be found below. Please note: The lunch menus are on a three-weekly rota – please refer to the enclosed dates.
- Primary Menu: Autumn 2019 / Spring 2020 [PDF]
- Secondary / Sixth Form Menu: Autumn 2019 / Spring 2020 [PDF]
- Secondary / Sixth Form Morning Break Menu and Tariff: Autumn 2019 / Spring 2020 [PDF]
- Secondary / Sixth Form Hot Food Tariff: Autumn 2019 / Spring 2020 [PDF]
- Secondary / Sixth Form Cold Grab & Go Tariff : Autumn 2019 / Spring 2020 [PDF]
- Secondary / Sixth Form Drinks Tariff: Autumn 2019 / Spring 2020 [PDF]
Pabulum goes beyond the fresh food dining experience; their initiatives engage and inspire to help develop a deeper appreciation of food through Parents’ Evenings, playground taster sessions, food assemblies and cookery demonstrations.
Details on allergens can be found on Pabulum’s website.
To find out more about Pabulum, their suppliers or company initiatives please visit the Pabulum website for the latest blogs and news stories, or alternatively you can call them on 01252 819991. Pabulum welcome all feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Nut Free School
Nuts and nut products (e.g. peanut butter) should never be sent to school because of allergy concerns. Children are not allowed to share food items for this same reason.
Universal Infant Free School Meals
Following a full review of school meals in England in 2013, the Government introduced Universal Infant Free School Meals for all students in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 from September 2014. Whilst school meals at Gildredge House are not mandatory, you could save up to £415 per year as well as the time involved in buying and making up packed lunches.
Free School Meals
As well as Universal Infant Free School Meals, some students may also be entitled to Free School Meals. To find out more about how to claim Free School Meals for your child, please visit the Department for Education Website and type in your postcode to access the application for your particular county council. Your child may be able to get free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1st April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children will continue to receive free school meals if they meet the existing eligibility criteria and are in receipt of full-time education or education both before and after the lunch period. You can apply online for Free School Meals by clicking on the following link: