Gildredge House Careers Business Partnership
Like most schools, Gildredge House has an Enterprise Adviser; ours is Astrid Thirlway – HR Manager, The Grand Hotel, Eastbourne. Our Enterprise Adviser helped us to develop relationships with local businesses and employers. In January 2023, Gildredge House launched the Gildredge House Careers Business Partnership. With the support of the Eastbourne Chamber of Commerce, the Careers Department invited local businesses to The Grand Hotel to hear more about how they can get involved in supporting the careers programme at the School. Our Executive Head and Careers Leader spoke about the challenges of the careers programme and shared the great work the School is doing to ensure a robust careers programme. The event highlighted the many ways that the community can support the careers programme. Attendees ranged from local businesses, parents, employers, charities and some School Governors.
The Partnership is growing and if you as a stakeholder in our community, whether you are a parent, business owner, have a career or work with young people and would like to get involved in supporting our careers programme, you are very welcome to join in.
Here’s how you can support our School
1. Year Group assembly talks on your career or your sector
2. Smaller lunchtime careers library talks to targeted students
3. Lesson talks within tutor or Careers and Community Classes
4. Offering work experience, both annual and extended opportunities
5. Bespoke employability teaching such as CV writing
6. Mock interviews
7. Mentoring students interested in your career sector
8. Support our students to visit your business
9. Careers day events such as ‘What’s My Line’
10. Offer apprenticeships and looking to recruit young people
11. Willing to offer voluntary work or part-time employment to students over 16
Are you restricted by time?
1. Join us online via Teams instead of making time to come to us
2. Pop in for a 20-minute talk at 8:20 am, so join us before work
3. Give up your lunch (1:35 – 2:00) for a small group chat in the careers library
4. Mentor a student on the phone or via Teams at your convenience
For further information, please email Mrs Sara Bray email@example.com or telephone on 01323 400650 Ext 2037