We have the highest aspirations for our school and every member of our school community. By inspiring courage, pride and respect we will all end up as confident, ambitious and successful life-long learners.
Our school motto is ‘Aspire’
Gildredge House exists in order to develop staff and students’ aspirations. We expect all members of our school community to:
- develop socially and emotionally to encourage all of us to feel safe and happy in a caring and family environment;
- meet academic challenges by motivating students to love learning;
- discover their passions and dream big dreams which expand their horizons;
- develop self-confidence by offering opportunities to perform in front of others;
- contribute positively to society by having high expectations around good manners, mutual respect and from knowing right from wrong;
- develop resilience by assisting students in developing the skills to become world-ready; and
- be independent thinkers.
The Gildredge House Way
The children and staff have developed the Gildredge House Way and these values are at the core of our everyday lives:
Our vision is for all students to be co-operative, confident, ambitious and successful members of our community.
- A curriculum that is unique and bespoke which stimulates, inspires and raises standards for every student.
- Continuity of education for students aged 4-19.
- Strong pastoral care that breaks down social and emotional barriers to learning.
- An expectation of high standards that really challenges the mind.
- A broad range of subjects promoting intellectual stimulation and inquiry.
- Highly qualified specialist teachers who understand the process of learning.
- An expert team of Support Staff that significantly enhances school development.
- A student leadership programme that produces tomorrow’s leaders.
- A successful Sixth Form that expertly prepares students for the next stage in their journey.
- An embedded careers programme offering advice and guidance and linked to industry experts.
- A broad range of extra-curricular activities to develop those much prized soft skills.
- Teaching practices rooted in research so that we continue to energise the workforce.