We believe in the power of ‘the physical’ – play, physical education, active learning and school sport – to enhance and change lives.
We create an environment where good mental and physical health is for everyone.
We work together with our students and their families to foster relationships, provide opportunities and deliver experiences that help to develop physically and mentally, healthy students.
We use physical education to build confidence and independence in all learners.
We develop the skills and understanding of our students so that they know more and can do more.
We use physical education to prepare students for the ‘next step’ in life by promoting adaptability, resilience and leadership skills in all key stages.
We ensure opportunities for challenge and progress for all students, inclusive of SEND, disadvantage and high ability.
We Are Responsible- we are accountable for what we do or what we fail to do.
Adapt: We never stop learning.
- We know our students and teach for progress
- We self-reflect and seek, and accept, feedback
Respect: We show respect.
- We are organised, well planned and on time
- We follow systems and procedures
- We work together with colleagues and students to make it work
Commit: We don’t take anything for granted.
- We plan ahead and look to the future
- We have the progress and well-being of students as our priority
Primary- Play Challenge Progress
Secondary – Perform Lead Lifestyle
Students – Ready Respectful Safe
Staff – Calm Consistent Fair
Please view the Physical and Emotional Wellbeing Curriculum 2021 [PDF] for full details of the vision, mission, values and curriculum of the PE Department at Gildredge House.