Following on from GCSEs, students will be applying to post-16 education. Colleges and Sixth Forms, including Gildredge House, represent these institutions. If Colleges or Sixth Forms would like to visit Gildredge House to deliver assemblies, or have representation at the Gildredge House Careers Fayre, please email Mr Stuart Myall, Head of Year 11, on firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs Sara Bray, Careers Adviser, on email@example.com
The school will require a reasonable notice period to facilitate a visit and all local post-14 education providers will receive an automatic invitation to the Year 11 Careers Fayre.
The following institutions are local post-16 providers:
- East Sussex College
- Brighton Hove and Sussex Sixth Form College
- Bexhill College
- Sussex Coast College Hastings
- Plumpton College
- Brighton Institute Of Modern Music
- University of Sussex
- University of Brighton
Currently, students apply for post-16 education via UCAS Progress. With the exception of some private schools, BHASVIC and Varndean in Brighton, all Colleges use UCAS Progress to advertise their courses and to facilitate course applications.
- CEIAG Guide for Parents – A brilliant go-to guide for all things careers.
- Best Course 4 Me – independent, free and shows the link between what you study, what you earn and the jobs you can get.