Work, Enterprise and Apprenticeships
The newly published Department for Education’s Careers Strategy, published in December 2017, indicates that students must engage in seven meaningful encounters with employers. Gildredge House has an appointed Enterprise Adviser to support Gildredge House to make these much-needed contacts with employers.
With the introduction of the new Technical levels (T Levels), contact with employers will become ever more important. The Government are backing new Apprenticeship schemes and this is an extremely fast growing initiative. Apprenticeships no longer just include Technical Apprenticeships, but now include Degree Level Apprenticeships too. Please see our Job Board for further information on Apprenticeship opportunities.
- Apprenticeships in Sussex is a local site holding details of how to apply to local Training Providers for a range of apprenticeships in this area.
- Get in Go Far – National website for Apprenticeships.
- Future Talent – Apprenticeships, Gap Years and Advice for 16-24 year-olds.
- Not Going to Uni – Thinking of not going to University? Click here to see your options.
- Apprenticeships – National search website for Apprenticeships.
Gildredge House offers all Year 10 and Year 12 students the opportunity of an Extended Work Experience Placement in the Summer Term. The Year 10 work experience programme focusses on students experiencing the work place, while the Year 12 work experience programme supports much needed extra-curricular opportunities which are very important when applying to Universities.
Are you interested in part-time work or an Apprenticeship? Please see our Job Board here:
There are no vacancies at this time. Please check back regularly.
To advertise your job on our work board, please email the Careers Adviser, Mrs Sara Bray, on firstname.lastname@example.org