Work, Enterprise and Apprenticeships
The newly published Department for Education’s Careers Strategy, published in December 2017, indicates that students must engage in seven meaningful encounters with employers. Gildredge House has an appointed Enterprise Adviser to support Gildredge House to make these much-needed contacts with employers.
With the introduction of the new Technical levels (T Levels), contact with employers will become ever more important. The Government are backing new Apprenticeship schemes and this is an extremely fast growing initiative. Apprenticeships no longer just include Technical Apprenticeships, but now include Degree Level Apprenticeships too. Please see our Job Board for further information on Apprenticeship opportunities.
- Apprenticeships in Sussex is a local site holding details of how to apply to local Training Providers for a range of apprenticeships in this area.
- Get in Go Far – National website for Apprenticeships.
- Future Talent – Apprenticeships, Gap Years and Advice for 16-24 year-olds.
- Not Going to Uni – Thinking of not going to University? Click here to see your options.
- Apprenticeships – National search website for Apprenticeships.
Gildredge House offers all Year 10 and Year 12 students the opportunity of an Extended Work Experience Placement in the Summer Term. The Year 10 work experience programme focusses on students experiencing the work place, while the Year 12 work experience programme supports much needed extra-curricular opportunities which are very important when applying to Universities.
Are you interested in part-time work or an Apprenticeship? Please see our Job Board here:
Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme
The Microsoft Apprenticeship programme offers students a pathway into stable employment with 90% of apprentices staying on with their employer, with roles available in digital sales and marketing, data science and analysis, project and business management, cloud systems administration and app development. The programme has helped more than 20,000 people kick-start their digital careers. Since launch, the programme has fulfilled 4,000 apprentice roles each year with expanding roles across sales, marketing, technology and business.
- The Microsoft Apprenticeships Programme offers students:
- An effective alternative to university – and to university fees
- A chance to work for innovative Microsoft partners and customers
- Industry recognized qualifications in a real working environment
- Opportunities to earn while they learn
- A range of careers, not just technical careers
- Skills for the future world of work
Students can find out more on the Microsoft Digital Skills Apprenticeship Programme Page
Santander Traineeship Programme
Santander are one of the most successful financial groups in the world, and their goal is to be the best global bank to work for. As part of that ambition, their Emerging Talent programmes are tailored to give students the hands-on experience they need to realise their future. Santander offer four different programmes.
- Insight Day
- one week placement
- four week placement
Providing the balance between earning and learning, students will be able to kick-start their career with a structured learning programme that combines academic learning with on-the-job training.
A paid ten week summer programme that will give students a valuable insight into Santander’s global business and a possible graduate career.
The graduate schemes provide everything students will need to realise their future by contributing to cutting-edge live projects designed to make banking simple, personal and fair.
Students can find out more in the Santander Emerging Talent Brochure [PDF]
To advertise your job on our work board, please email the Careers Adviser, Mrs Sara Bray, on firstname.lastname@example.org