7Gildredge House administers its applications as set out in the School Admissions Code and the School Admissions Appeals Code. For your information, and in order to comply with the Appeals Code we set out below the timetable which applies to all Appeal Hearings.
Where should I send my appeal?
Appeals should be sent to the Appeals Team at East Sussex County Council with the exception of Sixth Form appeals which should be submitted directly to Gildredge House. Please contact the Admissions Manager on email@example.com should you require more information regarding Sixth Form appeals.
What are the deadlines for receipt of appeals?
- Secondary school appeals: parents must submit their appeal by: Monday 16 April 2018
- Primary school appeals: parents must submit their appeal by: Friday 18 May 2018
- In-year appeals: parents have 25 school days of the date of a letter confirming the decision to refuse an application to submit their appeal.
When will hearings take place?
a. For applications made in the normal admissions round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals;
b. for late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 school days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged;
c. for applications to Sixth Forms:
- where the offer of a place would have been conditional upon examination results, appeals must be heard within 30 school days of confirmation of those results;
- where the offer of a place would not have been conditional upon examination results, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals;
e. for applications for in-year admissions, appeals must be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged.
How will I be notified of the date, time and venue for the Appeal Hearing?
The Appeals Team at East Sussex County Council will send you a letter saying when your appeal will be heard by an independent appeal panel. They will give you at least 10 school days written notice, unless you’ve agreed to a shorter notice period.
What is the deadline for any additional evidence to be submitted?
You should send the Appeals Team at East Sussex County Council all your evidence supporting your case when you make your appeal. However, you can send any extra evidence to them up to 7 working days before the hearing.
You can send additional evidence after this deadline or bring extra items with you on the day of your hearing, but the Appeal Panel may decide not to accept this late evidence.
Submitting extra evidence late can sometimes lead to your hearing being adjourned, or even postponed to another day.
When will I know about the decision?
The Appeals Team at East Sussex County Council will normally send you a decision letter which sets out the reasons for the panel’s decision within 5 school days of your hearing. However, it can take longer at busy times.